Need a brighter screen?
The Maxwell screen's fresnel, split image and microprism have a fast "action", so when the focus adjustment is changed you perceive a difference. It seems to *snap* into focus.
Why should you have Harry install your new focusing screen?
-When I install your screen, I also adjust the focus of both the taking lens and the viewfinder. (Other needed focusing mechanism repairs and/or other repairs are extra.)
- When many people are looking for a new screen it is because they are experiencing a focus problem.
- Finding a Rolleiflex that is within factory focusing tolerance is a rare occurrence.
- In most cases, both lenses need to be adjusted.
- There are differences in the focus adjustment among screens . This is true of a the original factory screens and non-factory replacement screens.
- To take the fullest advantage of the Rolleiflex optics, the taking lens and the viewfinder should be in precise focus adjustment. This is a lot more likely if the focus is adjusted when the new screen is installed. There are many variables in photography and I wouldn't want to have to compensate for the focus adjustment. (By shooting at f8 or smaller, avoiding close up photos that have limited depth of field etc.)
- The Maxwell screens are easily damaged by mishandling.